Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chocolate Pavlovas with Chocolate Marscapone Mousse

I'm just getting this posted with less than two hours to go on our posting day as I just got back from a great weekend at a friend's cottage and the past couple weeks have been crazy at work. Let's just say I'm glad that the June Daring Bakers' challenge could be made in steps a couple of days in advance so I could get it all done or I would be SOL.
The June 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Dawn of Doable and Delicious. Dawn challenged the Daring Bakers’ to make Chocolate Pavlovas and Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse. The challenge recipe is based on a recipe from the book Chocolate Epiphany by Francois Payard.

All in all it worked out fantastically well. As I mentioned before, I was very busy at work-either working 7 days a week or leaving for work at 7am and coming home after 11pm so there was little time (and motivation) to get things done. The recipes were fairly easy to do as we just made some creme anglaise for the previous challenge so I was familiar with making that. The pavlovas and mousse were simple, yet they're impressive to look at.

My mother was hosting her year-end bookclub bbq so I made these and some coal cookies and ended up saving the day as no one else brought dessert.  Afterwards I received messages and letters saying how amazing they were from a number of women. 
My lesson through all of this:
I need to get myself another frigging piping bag.

1 comment:

  1. You are too harsh on yourself your pavs look great and went down so well on the BBQ. Lovely work on this challenge. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete